Sunday, May 22, 2011

The First Post.

   Well, here it is. The beginning of what could either be a success or a failure. Only time will tell...





....yeah....

 
   Anyway,  I've decided to start this blog for three main reasons. 1: I want to work on my writing skills and I believe this will help. 2: I have a great love of watching and reading reviews and have always wanted to try it. And 3: I believe that Christians should not shy away from the arts. Instead, we should analyze it and see if it's worth promoting or not.

   So what you'll see are reviews of either books or films that I've come across and my honest opinions about them. Sometimes you'll see me tearing a book to pieces. Sometimes I'll suggest an underrated film. I can guarantee you that I won't be the most faithful at keeping updates (Hey, I need a life too.) But I'll try my best to present good quality reviews that are both fun and glorifying to God. So, I'll leave in the words of Groucho Marx and Margaret Dumont in 'The Big Store':


Dumont: Oh, I'm afraid after we're married a while a beautiful young girl will come along and you'll forget all about me.
Groucho: Don't be silly. I'll write you twice a week.

2 comments:

  1. Ariel, Ariel, Ariel darling.
    You are one of the most utterly ridiculous people I have ever met. But that's okay, me too. I will enjoy keeping up with this, and perhaps (despite both of our busy lives) we can both keep up with our blogs.
    I think perhaps with us reading eachother's and poking once in a while we can do it. Keep it up, fellow writer! Adventure on, TALLY HO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete